Yesterday, Peter made an unusually large mess in his bedroom (in a matter of minutes, I swear!) and was told to clean it up before dinner. Upon checking on his progress, we found that he was still not cleaning up but actually had taken out a board game to play in the interim. We told him that he would have to sit in time out until he was ready to start cleaning up his mess. After some weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, he went to sit on the couch for time out.
A short time later, I went to check on him and ask him if he was now ready to go clean his room. I found that he had grown quite comfortable in his time out situation and ha
dn't a care in the world.
It was a fun night.
1 comment:
Yeah, I can relate. Charlotte is very happy to go in time out. She'll just sit there and sing and act all blissful. I don't think this is working on her. Aren't you supposed to be upset about a punishment????
Post a Comment