e of a beautiful spring day and drove about 40 min. to Sleepy Hollow which is next door to Tarrytown, New York. Sleepy Hollow was made famous, of course, by Washington Irving's story of the headless horseman. We visited the Old Dutch Church where Ichabod Crane frequented and the adjacent cemetery where the headless horseman hung out, apparently. We learned lots of interesting historical tidbits from a friendly, and somewhat creepy, cemetery caretaker. Anway, I won't bore you with all the info. here, if you're dying to know just e.mail me and I'll fill you in...I love history! The cemetery is quite large and it contains the decomposing corpses of many rich and famous
people such as: Washington Irving, Elizabeth Arden, Chrysler, Rockefeller, and many more. Apparently, that's the place to get buried if you are anyone of consequence! Ichabod Crane apparently isn't one of consequence as he is buried on Staten Island.In these pictures you see Caleb "listening" to the grave of Katarina (the girl Ichabod Crane fancied). Then you have Peter dancing on the stone wall that surrounds the cemetery. How reverent...

No comments:
Post a Comment