Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Peter's pet, Picky

Today Peter caught a butterfly all by himself. He decided to keep it as a pet and named it Picky. Why? I have no idea. He and Picky had a great day together, playing cards, watching t.v., etc. Then Peter decided to let Picky go. In the last picture, you see Peter waving good-bye to his new friend. I see LOTS of these little white butterflies in our backyard all the time, so I'm sure Picky will "be back" to visit often.
I forgot to mention last week that on Friday, as I was finishing up lunch with Peter, I thought to myself, Hmmm...seems like there was a day coming up soon at the kid's school where they were supposed to have a special "mom comes to eat lunch with me" day where ALL the moms come to eat lunch with their child. (In Oklahoma, you could do that on any day you wanted, but here, it is too crowded so you're not allowed to come eat with your kid, normally). And I thought, Hmmm...what day is that? So I looked at the calendar and of course, it was today! Caleb's was from 11:30-12:15, and Sam's was to start at 12:15. I frantically looked at the clock. It was 12:10. Yikes!!! I threw Peter in the van and we zipped to the school. Of course, I couldn't find a parking space so we had to park a block away and run all the way to the school. I caught Caleb just as he was entering back into his classroom. I apologized profusely and he took it as well as he could. He said that another mom felt sorry for him and bought him an ice-cream. (Picture knife through heart and slowly turning around and around). We got there just in time to have lunch with Sam so at least I only felt like a half-terrible mother. On a positive note, Caleb's teacher, whom I've never been terribly fond of, didn't recognize me at first. She said she thought I was a teenager! SO, maybe I like her a little more now!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: