Hola! Well, yesterday was Cinco De Mayo. I'm sure we all enjoyed our margaritas and pinatas, right? I had a special Cinco de Mayo Zumba class at one of the clubs I teach at. It was FULL, and really fun, even if we didn't have margaritas! For some reason I thought all Latinos celebrated Cinco de Mayo, only to have one Latina inform me that that is Mexico's independence day (duh, I guess I forgot that part) and that all Latino countries have their OWN independence day that they celebrate. So, I'm a bit chagrined but had fun anyway!
A family from church invited us over Sat. night for an impromptu hamburger cookout. It was really fun, especially the s'mores! The kids had a blast exploring the garden-like front and backyards and the inside of their 110 year old house (which the kids called a mansion). It was beautifully decorated and restored. I loved wandering through it, too, but the kids were eventually disappointed to find the 4th floor widow's walk off limits. Supposedly the house is also haunted, but by a 'friendly' ghost, so they were naturally intrigued!
Today now makes FOUR days the robin has been harrassing us. And my windows are truly filthy now thanks to his non-stop pecking, etc. And the window sills are littered with his droppings. Dave is worried about him because he spends all his time at our windows instead of going out and looking for food. Hopefull he'll starve to death and leave me alone. (just kidding...sort of) I guess I'll never be admitted to the Audobon Society.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE YOU!!!!! You make me laugh!
Post a Comment