I am adding this post because some of you are concerned about how ugly New Jersey is...if you're like me, all you know of New Jersey is what you may have seen on t.v.: the Sopranos, lots of industrial/
petrol chemical factories, etc. NOT pretty. Indeed, there are many parts of New Jersey that are scary, industrial, and downright UGLY. However, we chose north Jersey, not just because it is ridiculously overpriced, but because it is so pretty. (Thus the overpricing, I guess)?
Today we took the kids hiking at a place called
Ramapo Valley Reservation. It was about 10 min. from home. It was very pretty, as you can see, with lakes, falls, and lots of rocks and caterpillars. There were a lot of people there, but it wasn't crowded. Many people were fishing, walking their dogs, and I believe swimming although we never found the swimming area.
Unfortunately, the kids were unimpressed. I assumed that all little boys would enjoy hiking, running, throwing rocks and sticks, skipping rocks in ponds, climbing waterfalls, etc. Although they
appeared 
(to me) to enjoy these
activities, they acted like they were being
tortured. Caleb just wanted to leave and go swimming at the city pool, Sam wanted to go to K-Mart to buy more
YuGiOh cards, and Peter was upset, mostly, because we wouldn't let him throw rocks at us. You just can't please everyone, I guess. The one really downside was that we were constantly bombarded by swarms of gnats. Seriously, you couldn't even open your mouth for a second or you'd get a mouthful. I'm sure I've doubled my protein intake for today already.
We stopped at T.G.I.Friday's on the way home, just in case. That seemed to make the kids a lot happier, too!
p.s. The little white speck at the top of the falls is me.
No comments:
Post a Comment