The other day at school, Sam had what they now call the "puberty" lesson. You know, that one special day when they separate the boys and girls and have their own lesson about...stuff. I remember getting it in 5th grade, apparently they are now doing it in 4th grade. We've already talked about most of that stuff with him anyway so it was totally fine, BUT he came home with instructions that they are supposed to shower everyday (which, admittedly we are not very consistent about..."we" meaning the kids, not me and Dave!) AND their very own sample size stick of Old Spice deodorant. Now, I don't mean to be critical of Old Spice deodorant; Dave wears it and I actually like it. However, I don't particularly like it on my 10 yr. old., especially in the quantities that he is putting on. But he is kinda excited about it and I don't want to rain on his parade. We talked with him about how he didn't need to really be using it yet, but he could if he wanted, and that believe me, I would be the FIRST to let him know when he really starts needing to use it! He said all the boys in his class are using it so now I feel really really bad for their poor teacher! I can't imagine a room full of pre-pubescent Old Spice reeking boys!
On a sad note, our robin is gone. After driving me nuts, pecking our glass, staring at us through the windows, and making a fine mess of the windowsills for 5 days, he finally gave up or died. Dave thinks he spent all his time bugging us and slowly starved to death. As much as he annoyed me, now I kinda miss the little fella. It was strangely comforting to know as I sat at the computer that he was not far away, watching me or flying into the window over and over. Now when I see a robin in the backyard, I watch and wait expectantly, only to be dissappointed when it doesn't fly into the window. I know, I know...I'll mention it to my therapist next week. I've got to get past the denial stage and move on to grieving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I was in 6th grade before I got "the book" that told me what to expect, I don't remember any special class... but then I'm a lot older that you 8-( These days 6th grade would probably be too late!
Post a Comment