Happy Mother's Day! I told the kids I wanted one thing only today: no screaming or yelling in the house. I think they tried...it's hard to tell for sure. Anyway, it was a good day. I had breakfast in bed (glass of milk and powdered white donuts), the kids sang to me and it was a nice relaxing day, overall, for me. Not so for Dave. He slaved in the kitchen most of the day to make special meals for me. We had mexican seven-layer dip and fresh salsa for lunch. (He's finally perfected a fresh salsa recipe). For dinner we had homemade lasagna and garlic bread. Dessert was "better than Six Flags" cake. It's actually called better than sex cake (that's actually the name of it, I didn't name it) but Dave told the kids it was better than Six Flags cake because it tasted better than spending a whole day at Six Flags. I'm not sure they agreed, but they liked it anyway. You should've seen the look on my face when he told them what we were having...he didn't forewarn me, of course, and I thought he was going to say better than sex cake to them! My eyes just about popped out of my head when he got to the S.....ix part. He did it on purpose, too, just to freak me out.
This past week I did a couple of Zumba classes for the local YMCA. It was a first for them...they haven't had any new or exciting classes there in 17 years (literally, I'm told) so these poor people at the Y went Zumba crazy last week! Each class I had 40-50 people in it. I felt kinda bad for them because we didn't have enough room for that many people and the ones in the back couldn't even see me. They ended up putting me in a different room to accomodate everyone but this week I will be in the full gym, up on stage so they can all see me. It is really exciting, but also a little scary because I really don't like heights and even though the stage is only like 5 ft. high, I'm scared to death I'm going to fall off! Surely a person can't actually die from falling 5 ft. off a stage, right? Right? Right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love how your stories always make me laugh not that Im laughing at you but it seems you have such
a great family. Ill have to try this better than "six flags cake" never heard of it
courtney
Post a Comment