Pizza anyone? OK, don't zoom in too close to this picture because I have absolutely NO make-up on whatsoever. Looks like I'm eating pizza, right? Wrong! I'm helping myself to a large serving of a Dark Chocolat' Almonde Torte. Yum...There's a store here called Trader Joe's. It sells interesting international foodstuffs and lots of health food selections. The best thing about Trader Joe's is they always give the kids a balloon. Anyway, I buy lots of healthy stuff there and ALWAYS walk by this chocolate almond tort thing that looks SO good and is SO expensive and I always make myself keep walking. Well, today was the day. I bought it!!! I couldn't wait to dig in after the kids went to bed. (Share? NO WAY!) It was good, but unfortunately, not quite as good as it looked. I ended up sharing it with the kids the next day, after all...wasn't that generous of me...
OK, here's some totally random thoughts that have nothing to do with anything:
1. When someone wears a bikini in public, they should always check and make sure there aren't any ugly black hairs around their bellybutton that need to be shaved/waxed/or otherwise removed.
2. When your 5 yr. old is talking to you and using the word "invincible"in a sentence, DON'T just assume he means "invincible." Probably he means "invisible" and you'd better clue in REAL quick or he's going to start screaming at you in public.
3. When you take your kids to the city pool (which, no kidding-cost us $200), don't just assume your youngest child (who can't swim) will wait for you to put his floaties on before he just jumps right into the deep end.
4. When your 10 yr. old wants to wear deodorant every day and all he has is Old Spice deodorant (see Puberty blog below), go ahead and buy him some other unscented brand and then everybody is happy!
5. When a certain musical, such as Dreamgirls, gets a LOT of Academy Award hype--don't just assume you're going to enjoy watching it. In fact, it may feel like sheer torture to sit through it at all. (Sorry! No offense intended to you Dreamgirls fans!)
6. When there is a dead bird in your yard (no it wasn't our friendly robin, thank goodness), have your husband dispose of it expeditiously because it is going to start to STINK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Referring to #1 random thought - some shouldn't just worry about belly button hairs. Some should invest in swim shorts. :)
Post a Comment