Here is a brief description I borrowed from Wikipedia:
The United States Military Academy, also known as West Point, or simply USMA (or Army, for NCAA purposes), is a United States Army post and service academy. West Point was first a military post under the command of Benedict Arnold. Established in 1802, it is the oldest military academy in the United States.
After we took a tour of the grounds (the only way to get ON the grounds is via guided tour) we then checked out the museum where we viewed what is considered to be the oldest and largest diversified public collection of miltaria in the Western Hemisphere. OK, well, we ran out of time but we saw the important areas...or what I like to call "little boy heaven". I'm referring to the two galleries in the basement of the museum: the large weapons gallery and the small weapons gallery. Don't worry, the camera battery died while in the museum so you don't have to suffer through too many pictures of guns.
We had a great time and look forward to going again. Below is a link to my West Point web album if you want to see pictures with a description of our day.
![]() |
| July 21, 2007 WestPoint |

2 comments:
I finally did some catch up reading on your blog! You make me giggle as usual. Hope all is well. Havent heard from you in a while. Love ya!
You guys seem to have no end to your week-end excursions. I'm slightly jealous! Your kids are lucky to have you as parents!
Post a Comment