Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Swim! Swim! Swim!


Hey gang, here's a video (below) in case you're wondering what we're doing with our summer. Each city has a pool that you buy a season pass for...you buy a pass to the city pool that you reside in...Anyway, you can't just pay to enter each time; you HAVE to buy a season pass. It cost $200 for me and the kids (no Dave) to buy a pass to our city pool and that was, apparently CHEAP. Other cities nearby cost as much as $500 for the summer pass! Ours is the cheapest and it is a fairly nice pool. The kids have friends there from school that they enjoy spending time with and I am meeting their moms so it is good for everybody. I figured if we were going to spend that much money we would go EVERYDAY...which is fine with the kids, apparently. Plus we're getting a head start on our skin cancer...

Sam and Caleb are fairly strong swimmers but Peter was still in floaties as of last weekend. Since then, he has taught himself how to swim alone and is now fearlessly jumping into the 8 ft. deep end! I can't believe just a few days ago, literally, I was trying to get him to let go of the side wall and just try to swim to me two feet away! He catches on quick! But now instead of relaxing by the side and chatting with the other moms, I have to keep my eyes glued to Peter to make sure he doesn't die. Yesterday he followed Sam and a friend to the MIDDLE of the deep end where he finally realized he was in way over his head, literally. Luckily I was watching him closely from the side and was able to dive in and assist him before we had a code red. Hopefully that taught to be more cautious? Or maybe it just taught him to have no fear because Mom will always be watching and ready to come to his rescue???! I'm so excited for him but kinda sad that our days of orange floaties are over...
p.s. I know you are all dying to see me in a swimsuit...sorry, I am BEHIND the camera the whole time! Peter is the first one to jump in, then Caleb, then I tell Sam to dive in.

No comments: