Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The peoples Dave sees...

Working adjacent to the TODAY show, you can imagine the variety of people Dave has the opportunity to get a look at. And NO, the Naked Cowgirl hasn't been on the TODAY show. Anyway, he usually hears people screaming hysterically and he'll think, "Either there's been a terrorist attack in Rockefeller Plaza OR Al Roker just stepped outside". Thankfully, it's always been the latter.

With the TODAY show's summer concert series in full swing, he's been privilege to Hilary Duff, KT Tunstall, America, Chicago, Bon Jovi, Rihanna, Enrique Iglesias and many more. He doesn't usually get a good luck at them since he's up on the 10th floor and has to look straight down at them, but he can usually hear them fairly clearly.

ANYWAY, two days ago, Larry (one of the head mucky-mucks at Patek Philippe) was giving a tour of the Patek Philippe service center to John Mayer. (For those of you who don't know this singer, you can either google him or just know that he's won a coupla Grammy's and was recently dating Jessica Simpson). He walked right by Dave's workshop. When Larry introduced him to Laurent (the head watchmaker and Dave's boss), John Mayer said, "Hi, I'm John" and Laurent asked in his thick French accent, "Oh, are you a watchmaker?" (Poor Laurent is always on the lookout for good watchmakers). I don't know what John's response was but I think it would be funny if he'd said, "No, I'm just a singer".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear, Shelley!!! John and Jessica have been broken up for a couple of months now.

Anonymous said...

Holy ____! John Mayer! Note that he's wearing an IWC in that picture, since IWC is his favorite brand. And mine. Also, if Laurent wants watchmakers so bad, why hasn't he called me back? OH, I see... he wants good watchmakers. *sigh*

I'll see you in a few days!