It started last week, the day before my surgery. I had a stomach virus and laid in bed most of the day. I thought he was being really good and entertaining himself. He even made me a homemade get well card with a flower on it. How sweet, right?! Later, I found that he had scribbled on the computer screen with a permanent black marker. And this is not an old, hard, glass computer screen; it's a soft flat screen monitor. (Did you also know that a Mr. Clean magic eraser will remove permanent black marker from a flat screen without ruining the screen)? Steph is upset with me for not taking a picture of the screen...snappi
The day after Thanksgiving, he decided to decorate the windows with some foam craft leaves. No problem, right? How did he attach them to the window, you ask? With Elmer's glue, of course! Luckily, I was able to head this one off before it became another task for Mr. Clean. In his defense, he DID ask me if it was OK to do this, he just asked me AFTER he started.
In the midst of all this, Dave and I found that he had also carved his name into our coffee table...multiple times. Luckily the coffee table was a garage sale bargain instead of a family heirloom, but I really like the table nevertheless. I'm hoping that ONE day, we'll look at his handiwork carved on it and say "Awwwww, that's so cute!" Not today, though.
Speaking of today, all 3 boys were playing in the backyard after school. Caleb and Peter were monkeying around in the treetops, literally, and I looked out to spy Peter standing up in the tree, pull down his pants and relieve himself right then and there. It looked like he was trying to squirt Sam who was below, on the ground. In Peter's defense, I was told that Caleb did it first and that's what gave him the idea. Omigosh, can this be happening?!? I daresay this would NOT be happening if I had 3 girls! Sorry Steph, I didn't take a picture of this either.
One more thing about Peter that has nothing to do with any of this. His 6th birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and he wanted a party with a "dog" theme. Luckily I found that theme at the party store and got dog invitations, decorations, etc. (Remember when Caleb wanted a Loch Ness monster theme? They didn't have that at the store...) Anyway, Peter still has trouble pronouncing his "R's" properly so when he talks about his dog party, it sounds like he's telling people he's having dog potty for his birthday. Here's a picture of Peter with a wolf hat on...it is too big for him so he can pull it down over his face and it looks just like a mask. I thought it was somehow appropriate for this post. Thanks to Janet for sending it from Alaska!
4 comments:
What's wrong with you?! Only supermoms have their cameras hanging from their necks and take pictures of EVERYTHING!! Aspen carved a heart into our dining table a couple of years ago and I thought I was going to kill her!! But, now I don't really care. The table used to be beautiful but I realize that it is just a piece of furniture!
Remember my BYU library chairs that Joseph and I refinished? I thought they'd last me forever. Well, not without refinishing again! Sariah made a pretty atrocious carving a couple of weeks ago. The thing that amazes me is that when things like that happened with Nathan, poor child, I really lit into him. With Sariah I just said, calmly, "Sariah, we do not carve into wood furniture," and I haven't even mention it again! A few years ago, when May was mad at me, she used a pin to carve into my walnut chest of drawers. Nathan used to use his teeth on furniture, so we have some things that he dug the paint off of with his teeth! Poor teeth! I don't think Elijah has done that one yet: Knock on wood! LOL
We take the kids camping and hiking A LOT in the summer, fall, and spring. Well, my boys thought that it was "normal" to find a tree to pee behind , and would do so anywhere that we were...meijers garden department, for instance!
Hey Shelley babe... you have been tagged. I think that is what I am supposed to say. Apparently you are supposed to go read my blog....I'm sure you will run right to it...i am so intersting after all! =) So there you will find the "rules" of this game of tag going around the 'blogging community.' hahaa!
By the by.. Peter is dang funny. You have some really great stories. I love belting out in laugter.
Post a Comment