So, first of all, thanks to everyone for your well wishes. The knee surgery went very well. Everything went as planned and I'm doing great. The doctor said the knee joint looked really banged up and was in pretty bad condition but that everything went as planned and hopefully this will get me back to a full functioning level. I was walking on it within hours (with a cane) and by the next day could walk without the cane. I say walk, but it is more of a hobble. I walk kinda like Frankenstein. The worst part about the whole thing was that I thought I was going to be in a lot of pain afterwards so I immediately accepted any narcotics that were offered to me. That was a big mistake because I, apparently, do NOT handle narcotics very well and it turns out I was not in much pain at all. I'm still not having hardly any pain and I'm not even taking my Tylenol anymore AND I had physical therapy yesterday. Oh well, now I know I would rather deal with minor pain than any side effects from narcotics!
Dave made a wonderful Thanksgiving spread for us on Thursday. He started the day before and everything turned out perfect. I knew he could do it...the kids and I gave him an early Christmas present in return. A new winter coat...he needed a much warmer coat since he treks through the "wind tunnels" of NYC each day. Anyway, it was the wrong size so would you believe that I went to the mall on Black Friday?!? OK, it was just to Sears, it was 3pm, and Dave dropped me right at the door so I wouldn't have to walk/hobble so far. All I had to do was switch the coat for a different size and luckily the lines weren't long anymore. Then I just sat in a chair and waited while Dave took the kids to Radio Shack to find some batteries for Sam. Just this much activity tired me out, but I was so thrilled to be at the mall on Black Friday (I'm usually one of those people lined up at Best Buy or Circuit City at 5am) and feel like I got to partake in the shopping specials. (The coat was on sale "more" and they gave me a whole $4 back)! At one point I even left my chair to venture to the shoe department in case there was something irresistible but I started feeling shaky and soon returned to my chair. I think it was just from dragging that HEAVY coat around!
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and Black Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey shelley! so glad to hear that your surgery went fine and you are recovering well. You are one dedicated woman to have attempted Sears on Black Friday after a surgery!
I'm also glad your surgery went well. I'm with you on the narcotics. I never take them unless I really need them.
You are dedicated. Even I didn't go out to the stores on Black Friday... something about the cold and early hours.
I'm glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment