Today I did something I've never done before...it was bound to happen eventually. I left for work with 2 out of 3 kids; accidentally leaving one at home! In my own defense, I was REALLY tired. (I was on my way to teach my 10th class in 5 days. This is not normal for me; I had to sub a lot of other's classes this week as I am off ALL next week AND I was awoken in the middle of the night by a stinky skunk somewhere close to the house. The stench was so bad I almost gagged at 2am). Anyway, I didn't have a good night's sleep and was dragging myself to this class...
After I pulled out of the driveway and started down the street, Caleb and Sam said "Where's Peter?"
I slammed on the brakes and snapped my head back saying, "Isn't he back there with you guys?!?!?!"
>>sound of crickets here and blank stares from Sam and Caleb<<
SO, I quickly drove back home and ran into the house. The GOOD news is that Peter was putting his sandals on and had no idea I had actually left him. The BAD news is that he was sitting on the floor right in front of the door as I came tearing into the house and plowed him over.
I was so afraid he would be crying "you left me you left me!" and was already trying to formulate a plan on how to get around that one. What could I have possibly answered, "No, Mommy didn't leave you. I, uh, I was just taking the van for a, uhhh, little warm up test drive..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Even though you already told me this I busted a gut!
We had a great laugh with this post! Thanks for helping ease our stress!
Love, Heidi
Good one Shelley!!
Post a Comment