OK, since I mentioned Amy in Michigan, it reminded me of my other friend Amy in Arkansas. She introduced me to the joys of making cookies with butter flavored Crisco. Doesn't matter if it's chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, whatever; they will taste PERFECT if you use butter flavor Crisco. The package will usually have cookie recipes inside, but if not, just ask! I hope Dave's coworkers don't see this...they call Crisco, margarine, etc. "petroleum products" and can't believe we partake of them.
OOOH, I just remembered a wonderful recipe that we make for special occasions. It is on the Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafer box. Once you find the cookies at the store, you can look at the box to get the recipe. It is super easy and super yummy. The only difference is we like to add things like sometimes we'll add nuts, or maraschino cherries, or fresh raspberries. Dave's family has been making these for a long time.If you're not sure what cookies I'm talking about, I've included a picture. It shows a picture of the dessert above the box. While looking for this picture, I came across a different version of the same recipe. It looks really good, and is supposedly easier than the original recipe. Click here if you want to check it out.I swear, I get no money from these companies ;-)
1 comment:
Yes, I discovered Ghiradelli a while ago, and they have it at Sam's and Costco..oh yes, in big quantities! Sooo good, I don't buy anything else..but I haven't tried Andes mints, but I will..I'm soo a mint person. And yes, I discovered the butter crisco as well..I love it and always have tons of it on hand because they do make cookies taste way better!!
Post a Comment