Sunday, February 24, 2008

My purse threw up

All right, I've been tagged in this little cyber-game where you have to spill your guts purse and show the world what's in it. 'Cause you all have been DYING to know what I carry in my purse, right? Of course you have.
So Steph tagged me and she was previously tagged by a gal named Carissa. Here's the pictures that they posted of their purse contents.Anyone see anything wrong with these pictures? Are they really being honest with us in our purse voyeurism? I could be wrong, but I think they may have been cheating. Here's what my contents look like:Now THIS is more like it. This is honesty, people...
OK, OK, I think I see their point. There's no way you can see what's in my purse this way. So, after tossing out all the receipts, half used Kleenexes, and empty gum wrappers we now have this:
  • 13 ballpoint pens, one pencil, one orange highlighter (why?), and one black Sharpie
  • my inhaler, which I didn't even know was in there but now I'm comforted to know it's there
  • a pack of playing cards, never opened
  • a stack of other people's business cards, in case I suddenly need my dentist's phone number
  • a NYC subway map
  • the to/from NYC bus schedule
  • a post-it note with names and addresses of all the NYC stores that I wanted to see their Christmas window displays this past season. More importantly, scrawled on the back is the address of an out-of-the-way parking garage in NYC where you can part ALL day on a Saturday for $15!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a bargain!
  • a ridiculously large calculator
  • a coupon holder that has all of 3 coupons in it...all for cereal
  • a Kleenex packet that I had no idea I had
  • a packet of Wet Ones that I didn't know I had, either
  • one stick of gum, one tube of chapstick, one Purell hand sanitizer, Avon hand lotion, vanilla brown sugar scented body mist, one Listerine pocket pack
  • one loose floating dollar bill
  • my wallet, very useful, but very old and very ugly
  • a box of thumbtacks (I keep these handy so I can post Zumba class flyers wherever I go)
  • one 2008 pocket calendar, never opened
  • a Blockbuster movie that needs to be mailed or traded in at the store
  • a small bar of glycerin soap handed to me outside a boutique in Soho...last Fall.
So, the thing that surprised me was all the stuff that was in there that I didn't know I had. Like the Kleenexes, the inhaler, the $1 bill. These things would've come in handy on multiple occasions had I'd known they were there. And now I know where all the ballpoint pens in the house have been disappearing to.
Notice there are no keys in my purse. Why? I like the thrill and rush of adrenaline when it's time to go somewhere and I have no idea where my keys are. (Ha). Also, I know some of you girls are going to notice the fact that there are no feminine hygiene products in my purse and will say that I'm cheating because I removed them before I took the picture or something. The answer is NO, I never remember to carry things like that. Ever. No matter the date on the calendar. So you see, I like living life on the edge. ;o)
But most importantly, I found this in my purse:Caleb 'made' this for me awhile ago and I've been carrying it around in my purse, apparently, for ages. I like to think of it as a good-luck charm instead of just a rock.
So now it's YOUR turn! I'm tagging Jessica, Kris, and Amber. NO CHEATING!

p.s. I forgot to mention why I titled this post "my purse threw up". I dumped the contents on the kitchen floor to take a picture and it took me awhile to get around to cleaning it up. I was prepared to tell the kids that my purse threw up on the kitchen floor but strangely they never asked about it. Even though it was in the middle of the floor and they had to step around it to make breakfast, no one ever said anything! I guess I need to brush up on my housekeeping skills?!

3 comments:

Steph said...

OK, Shel, that is a butt-load of pens!!
I love purse vomit!

Organized Chaos said...

Hey

So I went to get my purse to do it and dumped it on the counter and Daniel almost threw up. So he said "you are not taking a picture of that" He tried to make it pretty and that just isn't the idea so I decided not to post it.

Jess

Anonymous said...

Why would you have 13 pens? We don't have that many in the whole house. Dad