Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snow Day

The kids were sent home early from school today as a big snowstorm was heading our way. The snow isn't too deep, but the freezing rain has been a problem. We spent a lazy afternoon watching America's Funniest Videos which I just introduced them to a week or so ago. They love it!
Once they finished that and their homework, it was already dark outside. Undeterred, they proceeded to play in the snow in the backyard with the porch lights on. I didn't have to keep an eye on them too much until I happened to look out and saw the sprinkler going. Now why did it never occur to me that they might want to turn on the sprinkler? It's partly my fault since I should've had the hose unhooked to the faucet by now anyway. I'll be curious to see if our backyard is a skating rink in the morning!

2 comments:

Steph said...

**shaking my head** Those stinky kids!

kimhumpherys said...

america's funniest video is fav around here..it's been viewed so much it's hard to find clips we haven't already seen!