Friday, December 21, 2007

He's driving me crazy!

Believe it or not, I'm not referring to anyone in my household: it's the mailman! He's driving me crazy! Often I will put more than one letter/bill into the mailbox and I put the flag up. First of all, sometimes he doesn't lower the flag after he comes by so I go all day thinking he hasn't come when he actually has. Whatever, I can live with this. The worst part is that he only takes the TOP piece of mail and leaves all the rest! WHY!?! Why would he do this? I've learned that I have to put the most urgent bills on top to make sure they get mailed. What can I do about this? Who do I complain to? Do I call my local post office and complain that my mailman is driving me nuts? Do they not learn to take ALL the mail in mailman school? Is it because I didn't give him a birthday present this year? I HAVE been known to give Christmas presents to our postal carriers, but you'd better believe this one is getting nothing from me!

Here's some blabbing that has nothing to do with any of the above:

Peter likes to wear this shirt because it reminds him of how old I am (currently). He likes to tell people, too. I wouldn't mind except that he tells people I am fifty-three. I guess we need to work on that. I assume it's because he looks down at the shirt and from his perspective I guess it could look like fifty-three. But on that note, why doesn't he just tell people that I'm S3?

Yesterday, Caleb yelled to me from the bathroom, "Mom! The toilet is overwhelming!" When I took a look at it, I had to agree, it definitely looked overwhelming. Good thing Dave is good with a plunger.

Peter walked into the bathroom the other day and closed the door as I walked by. He told me he didn't want me to see his privacy.
When Peter is trying to get out of the car with all his stuff from school and I'm telling him to hurry up and open the door for me, he yells to me, "I'm full of hands!"

That's all I can remember for now. Aren't you glad there's no more Zumba videos today!?!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Though I'm sure this is really frustrating for you... this is REALLY funny! I really liked the comment about 'mailman school'! Funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think your mailman needs a bribe. Bake him some cookies and put a nice, holiday card (on top, of course) in the mailbox for him. After you wish him a joyous holiday season, just ask him nicely to take all your @#$%^&*% mail! Or you could put it in a nicer way?

Steph said...

I REALLY like Nicole's idea!!!