Sunday, October 28, 2007

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

The other day I made a quick run through a Burger King drive-thru. As I sat there in line contemplating the spicy chicken sandwich I would be ordering from the dollar menu, I remembered that I used to get chocolate shakes at Burger King all the time. So I thought I'd strike out on a wild hair and order a chocolate shake to accompany my chicken sandwich. When they handed me my shake, I thought it didn't look quite right. Even though the lid isn't see-through, I could tell that the shake inside was white, not brown. I asked the cashier if this was a chocolate shake. She looked at my receipt and said, yes, it was a chocolate shake. I opened the lid and looked at the white shake. I showed it to her and said, "Are you sure? It looks like vanilla."
She said, "No, it's chocolate."
I took a sip through the straw and said, "Tastes like vanilla."
She assured me once again, "No, no, it is chocolate."
Okay....???
So I drove away thinking maybe I could be wrong. Maybe just because it looks like vanilla and tastes like vanilla, it could be chocolate? Well, two minutes later as I was a fourth of the way through it, I kicked myself over and over for actually letting her almost convince me it was chocolate! It was definitely vanilla. Not that I hate vanilla shakes...but as you can see in my list: '10 things I love'...vanilla shakes are definitely not listed! I KNOW chocolate, lady!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not exactly the same thing, but when we were in NYC, I had two different people at two different places ask me how many of something I wanted when I asked for a "couple" of something. I seriously looked at them and said quite sarcastically, "uh, two". What's up with that? Next time ask for a couple of chocolate shakes and see what happens.

Steph said...

You should have thrown it in her face and asked her if she still thought it was chocolate! :)

amberd. said...

Shell meister... you are too funny. Can I keep you? I need funny around.