Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween album

Halloween 2007
Well, I found out that the night before Halloween is called Goose Night around here. There was lots of toilet papering going on and I saw shaving cream squirted on objects here and there around town. In Michigan (specifically the Detroit area), it is called Devil's Night and is much more violent...most of the activity dominated by setting fires all around town. Goose Night, in contrast, is much more benign. The toilet paper is a nuisance but at least doesn't permanently destroy property or put lives in jeopardy! Sam had a blast at his school party and came home all sugared up. It was a really fun, safe experience for him and I'm so glad he got to go this year.
The kids got up ON TIME today, for once, and were ready for school like an hour early...if only we could have Halloween everyday...
Peter got to wear his costume to school the whole time and Sam and Caleb got to change into theirs after lunch. They all had a costume parade after lunch. Since Peter was all ready for Halloween to start at 7:15AM, it was a long day for him. He kept asking me when we would go trick-or-treating. (Did he actually think we were going before school)? When I would tell him we would go when Dad got home from work, he'd say "How many minutes is that?" I'd tell him it's **hours away. He'd then ask, "How many seconds is that?" At one point, I actually had to get a calculator out and show him that we would go trick-or-treating in 14,400 seconds. He informed me he could only count to 106 seconds. You might say it was a long day for me, too.
As usual, they enjoyed handing out candy to trick-or-treaters just as much, or more, than going themselves. Caleb, especially, said something about how fun it was to stay home awhile and hand out candy to cute kids. Peter generously donated almost all his candy when ours started running low. He went through each piece deciding on which to keep and which to donate and ended up keeping only a handful. We ended up not needing to use his but I'm hoping Dave or I can take it to work and leave it or something! We certainly don't need it in the house! (See previous post about Steph's party pooping).
Hope everyone had a great Halloween!!!!
p.s. Dave says (in response to the previous pumpkin post) that he remembers things differently. He has done his fair share of pumpkin scraping, innard removing, and cleaning up. I'm sure he's right...if only I'd been blogging all those other years...we could look back and find out for sure! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley, I just wanted to say thanks a bunch I have finally reached my goal. I couldnt have done it without you even though your not here. You were always a voice in my head to work harder but to do it right. So again thanks
Courtney

Steph said...

I LOVE the mop!!