Friday, August 1, 2008

Unexpected things...

On Wednesday, as I was getting ready for work, my boss called to tell me that classes were canceled for the morning. She said that, apparently, there had been a small electrical fire at the gym the night before and they were waiting for the fire marshall to come and clear the gym to re-open. She said they had no idea what time the fire marshall would decide to mosey on over so I didn't have to go to work! Wow! I was especially tired and sore that morning so this was like a miracle gift to me! At first, though, I didn't know what to do with myself. I wasn't prepared to have the morning off. Should I run some errands? Get my grocery shopping done? Clean the house? Decoupage? In the end, I spent most of the morning on the computer catching up on stuff and then I watched a movie! Nice!
Then yesterday, the UPS man brought me a huge, heavy package. I couldn't remember any of us ordering anything so I was really excited to see what it was or who it was from. It was addressed to ME, with MY name and address on it. Wow, this was exciting. And then I saw it was this:

A giant box of infant formula. The box says: Inside---two special gifts for you and your baby.
Hmmm...is there something I should know? Did I recently have a baby and then forget about it? I mean, I did once leave the house for work and forgot one kid at home and had to go back and get him. Where IS this darn baby? Was it a girl? Oh heaven help me if it was a girl. I've never had one of those...
On the flip side, I look dang good for someone who just gave birth. I would expect my chest to be a little fuller but if I'm not breastfeeding (apparently I'm using Enfamil formula) then maybe that's why I'm not lactating.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Rob got a copy of "American Baby" at my house. I called and asked him if there was something he wanted to share, are the boys expecting a step-brother? Is he nuts! He didn't understand the humor...

GumbyandPokey said...

A practical joke??...

Kris said...

Really Shelley, you should have let the family know!!!

kimhumpherys said...

maybe it's a sign??

Melissa Bean Sterzick said...

You've got about $100 worth of formual there and it's not good on cereal.

Melissa Bean Sterzick said...

You've got about $100 worth of formula there and it's not good on cereal.

Organized Chaos said...

Got to say you do look good for just having a baby.

amberd. said...

haha! I especially love the decopauge pieces. Dang funny.

WHEN are you gonna pop out that little girl anyway? lol!

-A.

mkm said...

Hey Aunt Shelley- I really liked the Sisterhood movie. I just read all four books at the beginning of the summer and they stayed pretty true. There were a few story lines that varied, but overall I wasn't disappointed. And I'm the kind of person who can't stand reading books and then watching the movies usually. I recommend it!