Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Franklin Institute

Our last day of vacation was spent in Philly, the city of Brotherly Love. It really is a nice city. As far as historical cities to visit, it is #2, in my opinion. Only second to Boston, which is amazing.
Anyway, we spent the entire day at a science museum called the Franklin Institute. It is a hands-on museum targeted towards children, although Dave and I learned plenty of stuff, too! The downside, for me, was that it was very well air-conditioned and I was FREEZING the entire time in my t-shirt and shorts. I actually had goose bumps for about 5 hours straight, I think. Having goose bumps for that long is exhausting!

On the way into the museum, they had a guy making balloon animals, or whatever you wanted him to make. Sam got a spear.




Caleb got a, um, well...it's a "hat".







And Peter got a sword. Here he is throwing it up into the air.
Personally, I think it looks strangely like something other than a sword. But this is a G-rated blog so we won't go into that.









But I have to say, what IS it with little boys and their phallic symbols?!

p.s. Keep in mind that this was on the way INTO the museum. They had to carry (or wear) these things for the entire day!

2 comments:

amberd. said...

I always feel that way with ice cream cones. (sorry.) It's just dang true. Fallic to the max.

Steph said...

When you've seen one... you see them everywhere!