Speaking of milk, it's darn expensive, isn't it?! We drink skim milk, which is luckily the cheapest of the varieties but we have recently switched to 2%. Why? That's crazy, right? It's already so expensive so why did I switch to one that costs even more than skim? Wow, yet another milk mystery for you to solve! OK, not really. I'll tell you why. I started buying 2% so I could mix a half gallon of 2% with a half gallon of powdered milk. The powdered milk dilutes the 2% milk to the consistency of skim milk (that we're used to) and luckily the 2% milk masks the "odd" flavor of the powdered milk that we're not used to. So far it has halved our milk expenditure and the kids haven't even noticed. Well, Caleb did raise an eyebrow the other day but we assured him it was okay.
And speaking of Caleb, here he is whiling away his first week of s
Speaking of unsolved mysteries, here's one for you. Grandpa Capener just got back from China recently. He sent a box of presents to the kids which they LOVED. An authentic dragon necklace for Sam, a stuffed panda for Peter (which he carries around everywhere, even the bathroom), and an Axis and Allies miniatures set for Caleb (which he collects and plays) that was technically "made in China". Anyway, he also sent this package of treats that he grabbed in the checkout line at the grocery store in China. Can you guess what they are?! Note to Grandpa and the Monsons: no guessing/revealing the answer! I will give you a hint: there is NO WAY we are going to eat these, much less even open the package. OK, so that wasn't really a hint. Happy guessing!
7 comments:
They're chicken feet. At least that's what they look like. I know they're popular with the Chinese and I've heard the Chinese are amazing to watch while eating them.
Um.......dog's legs?
I have to admit that they DO look like they could be chicken feet...YUCK!!! I had to eat some on my mission but they were fresh then cooked. But, I'm actually hoping that they are some kind of 'pickled root'!
I know! I know! We brought home a few packages with us and gave them as gifts. They were quite unappreciated! Too bad he didn't send you something great like fried rabbit heads or roasted dung beetles on a stick. Now those are treats!
Is it gummy bamboo?
Hey I'm a Monson but I don't know! I have a guess though...
Grandpa thinks he is soooo funny.
They look like feet, and I don't know about you, but I don't eat feet of any kind and I would advise you against that as well.
Post a Comment