Dave got home from Switzerland the day before Mother's Day, as everyone knows. He brought home various chocolate treats. A whole bag of Lindt chocolates for the kids, another bag to share at work, and yet another bag to share at the gym with his racquetball buddies. He also brought the kids some chocolate Swiss Army knives...they were really cute. He also brought home a bar of dark chocolate LOADED with hazelnuts and a small box of chocolate truffles. He even brought home a box to send to Steph.
And he brought THIS home for me:
Huh?! What?! Wait...where's all MY chocolates?!?!?! This isn't fair! This is no good at all!
Oh yeah, I ate them. I remember now. I was drunk with chocolatey goodness so it's all a little vague right now...like remembering a dream. A very beautiful dream.
So anyway, most of the chocolate is gone and although I'm tremendously happy with what I got, I should've been a little more specific with Dave. I told him to bring a lot of chocolate home. What I meant was, bring like a six months supply of chocolate home. Maybe that would be too much? As it was, he had to borrow an extra duffle bag from someone to check as luggage...because of all the chocolate. He didn't bring anything else back with him. Apparently they have "weight limits" on these darn planes. Whatever. Don't get between me and my chocolate!
So it was a good Mother's Day this year. I got to sleep in and eat Eggos in bed. I received homemade cards and presents...you can never have too many homemade bookmarks, right? One of my children, who shall remain nameless to protect his identity, gave me nothing and never so much as even said "Happy Mother's Day" to me. I'm not sharing this to be snotty or anything...I really think part of it is that the kids were so excited to have Dave home and were really wrapped up in having "Dad time". At the end of the day when I realized he'd done nothing for me for Mother's Day, I thought to myself, "OK, well, here we go. I guess it begins right about now"...I didn't bring it up to him or Dave or anyone because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and I certainly didn't want to make him feel bad or guilty about it. Hopefully he won't feel bad if/when he reads this one day. After all, I DID protect his identity, right?! No guessing! (You'd never guess anyway).
Oh, one of the things I did on Mother's Day was work in the yard. I know that sounds crazy but it was a beautiful day and I actually enjoy working in the yard when I have the time. I was trying to clear out the "circle" around a big tree in the front yard where it's supposed to be a big circle of mulch around the tree trunk but instead it was a big circle of weeds and such. It took me a lot longer than I had planned but looks really nice now. As I was pulling up weeds and grass, I realized I was throwing away perfectly good grass. N
ot a big deal except that our backyard is totally patchy and needs more grass. SO, instead of throwing all the grass away, I decided to transplant it to the backyard to fill in some patches. It was a lot of work and I'm not sure anyone can tell any difference at all! It reminded me, though, of that movie Fun With Dick and Jane where Jim Carey goes around to all his neighbors' yards and the golf courses to dig up patches of grass and put them in his yard. Hmmm...my neighbors should be very afraid...
3 comments:
Oh heavens! My mouth is watering as I wait! He has sent them already, right?
Thanks for all the comments Aunt Shelly! Yes the single's ward is very....desperate? :) But they do it sneakily so you don't know it's all a ploy to get you married until it's too late.
I haven't tried the Blue Bell ice cream but I'm determined to. I've heard amazing things about it!
I forgot that you lived in Texas! Do you have any other warnings for me? I will close the shower drain the second I get home!
Umm...you can never be too cautious when it comes to chocolate. Once I get all my wheat and beans, I'm definitely going to get a year's supply of chocolate. I know a lady who made her own chocolates. Once she took me into her pantry and opened up her 5 gallon buckets of chocolate and laughingly told me about her year's supply. I think she must have been laughing out of nervousness that I would think she was loony. But seriously. What's the good of all this wheat without something sweet to balance it out and I'd really have no problem with rotation! :)
Post a Comment