So it wasn't really Alice Nelson from the Brady Bunch who came to help me the next week. It was STEPH! She came all the way from Oklahoma to be my wing man for a whole week. It was totally like having Alice live with me. The kids and I even started calling her Alice. She would actually sweep the floors and do the dishes while I was at work and then I would come home to find lunch on the table for me or dinner in the oven. We also ate LOTS of chocolate stuff. That Steph is a bad influence on me...you all know I RARELY indulge in chocolate.
She also brought her youngest, Andyn with her. She was a doll and shared a room with Sam. All three boys absolutely fell in love with her and begged me for the first day or two if we could PLEASE have a new baby sister. Uh...no. I told them the only way that would happen was if they went out and found one and brought her home. They finally gave up and Sam decided he would start begging for a dog instead.
I made Steph come with me to one of my Zumba classes. She stayed in the back and did the white-girl version of Zumba. I think she even had an overbite. Anyway, despite being out of breath, she laughed the whole time...either at me or herself; I'm not sure which!
I learned some interesting things about Steph since we shared the same bed. For one, unlike Dave, she can fall asleep in seconds flat. Also, sometimes just as she starts slipping into unconsciousness, she makes a weird moaning noise. One trait she does share with Dave is the ability to snore really loud but she doesn't mind when I elbow her to knock it off (Dave doesn't mind either). I also learned (although I already suspected this) that she can sleep in REALLY late if she's wearing ear plugs and you're taking care of her baby.
One of the best things about having Steph here, in addition to everything else, was that she taught me how to use PhotoShop to make my own Zumba fliers. Now I can use the images and marketing tools available to me from the Zumba site to print at home. Never could figure that out before!
So after Steph left, I had one more week to "get through" and then Dave got home this past Saturday. Aaah, not a moment too soon! It had rained for 2 days straight and I had a really bad day on Friday. Then on Saturday, the weather turned beautiful, the sun came out and Dave got home. More on that and all the Swiss chocolate he brought home...later!
One trivia question: Who did Alice have the hots for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Overbite!! I fell out of my chair laughing at that!!!! The SHORT moaning noise did become a very funny inside joke!! As far as Alice's beau... was it the milkman or mailman or something like that?
Well, he DID have an occupation that was part of "his name". He was referred to as __the__.
I thought it was Sam the butcher, but that doesn't make sense with your clue.
I'm glad you survived the month.
Can't wait to hear about the chocolate. Glad you had a good time with Steph.
Share the chocolate!!!!
alice WAS in love with the butcher, the meat guy!!!!
Hey
No idea who she was in love with. I also love photoshop and I am very glad you survived the month.
hehhe. I giggled hysterically through this post. You are so good at making us laugh. I miss you!
Post a Comment