Despite it being 34 degrees outside, Peter and Caleb insist on riding their bikes. I don't let them go very far so they are fairly restricted to riding back and forth right in front of the house...Peter decided the other day to have his training wheels removed. Finally! He's been working on it a little each day. Sometimes he gets frustrated and gives up. Sometimes he just gets too cold and gives up. Today I glanced out and saw Caleb speedily riding by and then realized it wasn't Caleb. It was Peter! He can totally do it now!
I was so excited for him and he was so pleased with himself. Now we are trying to work on braking. Apparently his preferred method is dragging the tops of his shoes across the pavement. I think he knows how to brake but decides to drag his feet anyway. I'm guessing it's because he was upset with me last weekend for buying Sam and Caleb new tennis shoes and none for him. (His shoes fit fine)! This way they will be destroyed and I'll have to go buy him some new ones. But I digress...
I should also mention that he can only ride downhill so far. Our street is on a slight incline so he rides down to the left and then stops, gets off the bike, turns around and walks it back up and starts all over again. It's pathetically cute. I'm sure in a day or two he'll be able to do it both ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good for him! My kids noticed that they have helmets on. I made the comment that we should make the kids wear helmets and they both screamed "we hate helmets!"
Go for it Peter! Oh...not the falling part, the riding and braking! You make me feel guilty. I hardly ever make my kids wear helmets!
hey!! Awesome Sweet Pete the ladies treat!
Libby actually came and got me this summer and said... "MOM, I had the neighbor boy take off my training wheels, come watch me ride my bike!" I went out and sure enough she could ride a two wheeler. I felt guilty that I did'nt help her learn! But I guess she didnt NEED my help! haha! Great job.... your neighborhood looks really cute by the way.
Post a Comment