Sam is in 5th grade (he was, I think, very embarrassed that I took his picture and gave him a kiss good-bye), Caleb is in 3rd grade, and Peter started Kindergarten. Yea! Peter has been waking up each day this week and counting down the days 'til school started. He is SOOOOOO excited to finally be going to school. It is only half-day Kindergarten, which I just assumed he KNEW, but apparently not. He was shocked this morning as we were going over the schedule and he realized he'd only be there a half day. Needless to say, he was very disappointed but seemed to get over it quickly. As excited as he was, he suddenly turned very shy when it was time to line up and walk in with the other kids. He marched right in, though, and despite my excitement at having all 3 kids in school, I had to try REAL hard to keep the tears held back. I made it all the way to the van before a few seeped out.
I had to chuckle, though, because there were 2 or 3 kindergartners who did NOT want to go in. They had all their appendages wrapped around their mom's bodies and the teacher had to peel them off and drag them into the classroom screaming and crying. I'm so glad that Peter isn't like that! I would've been sobbing, too.
By the way, we just returned from a super vacation. We went to Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Monticello, etc. Posts coming soon! I'd like to write more but these 3 hours are precious now and I'm not going to waste it in front of the computer! I'm going to celebrate by going to run errands ALL BY MYSELF!
2 comments:
Yeah!!!!!!! What a wonderful feeling! Audrey started yesterday. She had a great day and absolutely loves first grade. I hope her enthusiasm for school lasts a few more years. Enjoy your free time!
I like how Sam has a tye-died shirt on!!! He must be brain washed! And nice shorty shorts for Caleb. They all look super handsome!!
Post a Comment