Sunday, July 5, 2009

3, maybe 4

OK, so I have been assured by 3 of you (4 if you count my dad who didn't actually contact me but I'm sure he's been following) that you are, indeed, chomping at the bit for more blogging. On the edge of your seats. On pins and needles. Lying awake til all hours of the night, just clicking refresh, refresh, refresh...hoping to see a new blog post pop up. Oh, how the guilt torments me.

So the kids have been out of school for two weeks now. Mostly we just sit around and watch it rain. It rained 23/30 days in June, and so far, half of July. Good news: we haven't needed to turn our A/C on or water our yard. Bad news, not lots of fun and it's been so humid that the parquet wood floor in our house has swelled beyond capacity and we now have buckling mountain ranges all over the living room. I'm hoping that will just kinda go away on it's own...I hate contacting our landlord with bad news!

Below I am posting two videos that the kids have been making to pass the time. One of them is by Peter (the cars) and one by Caleb (carnivorous plants). When I say "video", I mean, picture by picture turned into a video. Peter's took 276 pictures to make his video. I'm not sure about Caleb's.

Also, here is a pic of some card stacking that Sam has been doing. He was building the coliseum. He got up to 11 tiers, I believe, before it finally fell. I was surprised at how NOT upset he was when it fell. I was way more upset that he was. He just shrugged and said he could now build something else. He started building the White House but I haven't seen it take shape, yet. (Try not to notice that he's still in his pajamas and skipped both breakfast and lunch to do this).





3 comments:

Steph said...

I'm impressed. My kids sit around playing with I-Phones and I-Pods or watching movies all day. I'm going to show this to them so maybe they'll get a little more creative!

Julie said...

You have some VERY talented kids!
(make it 5)

Anonymous said...

That is really cool! Sam's card coliseum is quite impressive and I really like the movies. I would have no clue how to do that.