Saturday, December 20, 2008

Update...

If you haven't read my post below "This is not gonna work" then please update yourself before continuing.

UPDATE: Dave took the kids sledding while I sit home and sip cocoa with gingersnaps! YEA! OK, not really on the cocoa and gingersnaps...I made some chocolate candies so that's what I'm snacking on. And I think I'm supposed to be preparing something for dinner tonight. I might get busy on that. Any minute now. Soon. Maybe.

Also, I have all my Christmas cards (the ones I'm not emailing) signed, sealed, stamped, and...sitting on my kitchen table. I couldn't put them in the mailbox because it was full of snow for some reason. Hmmm...wonder how that could've happened?
Earlier this week, Caleb sang in a Holiday concert at school. I couldn't go because I had to work and no one told me about this until 2 hours before...and also because I don't really love Caleb at all. (At least that what he said). He was joking. I think.

ANYWAY, I begged him to wear nicer, dressed up clothes. Nothing too fancy, just maybe a shirt with a collar, with some buttons, anything. He vehemently refused. He said the concert was about Frosty the Snowman and Frosty wanted the children to be "fun and fancy-free" and it would be a contradiction for him to change his clothes to fancy ones. I told him all the other kids would be dressed up. The girls would have dresses on and the boys would look nice. He acted like I had no idea what I was talking about and assured me that what he was wearing was just fine.

At least from afar, you can't see the holes in his t-shirt. But you can definitely see from this picture that "one of these is not like the other". If you don't believe me, click on it and see it up close. He's the only one wearing a t-shirt. A bright orange t-shirt with lots of holes. Appropriately, his shirt says, "WARNING: I'M NOT LISTENING". To be honest, I didn't make a big deal out of it. I've learned by now to choose my battles carefully. And besides, I wasn't there; I was at work!

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

I don't know if because I am too far away, but I think he looks fabulous. I am sure he thinks so too.

Steph said...

You wanna hear something hilarious? When I first looked at the picture I thought he was the kid with the red shirt on (stripes in the middle) and said to myself, "at least he's not the kid with the bright orange shirt on!" hehehehe

amberd. said...

funny story. I thought he was the kid with the green shirt on and the stripe across the chest. hehehe. I forgot he was growing his hair out! I think he looks great too. This year, I didn't rearrange the christmas ornaments my kids hung on the tree. so there, maybe as we age we decide lots of things arent big deals anymore huh? hee haw.