So...right now...we've just had a big snowstorm. The kids got out of school early yesterday (Friday). I thought it was ridiculous that the schools already decided to close early before the snow even STARTED falling. In fact, they decided almost 12 hours before it even started falling. But they knew a lot more than me, because when it DID start falling (about 2 hours before school let out early) it DUMPED snow. Fast. Everywhere. Luckily Dave had already arranged to take the day off of work because he would've had a heck of a time getting home from NYC. They practically closed the freeway by us it was so bad. Caleb and Peter played outside in the snow for hours on end. I sipped cocoa and ate gingersnaps (my new favorite combination) while Sam (becoming a typical teenager) lounged in his room and slept off and on.
We still have lots of snow today and if possible, it is even colder. Which means the kids are going to bug us ENDLESSLY until we take them sledding. I bought them a snowboard at a garage sale this summer which they've been DYING to try out. I don't mind taking them sledding. It's the sitting there in the freezing cold that I'm not so excited about. There's gotta be a better way. Maybe if I could build a little portable shack to carry around with me...and it's not like I can just leave them there. Inevitably someone gets hurt or gets a snowball in the face and needs their mom for a few minutes. Hmmm, I wonder if I could find a teenager I could PAY to take them sledding...I'll have to give that some thought.
The only other thing going on is that while I was online yesterday morning shopping for Christmas presents to send to family in Texas and Utah (hey, better late than never), I got a call from my credit card company. They wanted to verify "suspicious" charges on my card from the day before. They asked if I'd tried to use it in NYC at a Red Lobster for $114. I'm sure they thought this was VERY suspicious since I'm sure they know I DON'T eat seafood. They had declined the charge. That's how much I DON'T eat seafood; they knew to decline it. hehehe Anyway, I said no, we didn't use our card at Red Lobster yesterday. Then they asked about over $2,000 charged at an American Greetings store and over $1,200 at Duane Reed (like RiteAid), both in NYC. I said, no way, we didn't do any of that. (Although, for a moment I did wonder if Dave had gone loopy and spent a LOT of money on my Christmas present(s)). Anyway, long story short, someone used our card all over NYC this week and had a grand ol' time. Both of our cards are still in our wallets so I'm not sure how you can walk into a store and use a credit card that you don't have, only the numbers? But apparently it's possible. So now our card is canceled and they are re-issuing a new account. And I'm too scared to purchase anything online now so Merry Christmas everybody! You're getting a whole lot of nothin' from us this year! Unless I can buy something local and ship it myself. But that would involve leaving my warm house, cocoa, and gingersnaps to drive on the partially closed icy freeway. But hey, it's the thought that counts, right?!?!
Oh, and here's a picture I jus
It appears to be the wall in my dining room. With a pencil stuck in it. Hmmm, wonder how that could have happened? Then I found an accompanying video which I won't bore you with but it consisted of Caleb saying in the background, "You really shouldn't have thrown that pencil, Peter." And then it goes on to be a lengthy discussion/argument over WHO the pencil belongs to. As if that mattered...oh, and some talk about how mom is gonna flip out when she finds out. Funny, no one remembered to tell me about this...
1 comment:
You have to admit, that picture of the pencil is really cool! I don't know about you but, I really get stressed when things happen to the rental that we're in. Like when Aspen started peeling the cheap paint off the walls in the hallway!! I always wonder how much of my deposit that's gonna cost me!!
Post a Comment