Back in May, I was in charge of hosting a Zumba "master class" at the YMCA where I teach. A "master class" is not with someone like me; I'm not a 'master' at anything yet but it was taught by international Zumba superstar and goddess Tanya Beardsley. She is the host of the new Zumba dvd series and she travels all over the world promoting Zumba and training instructors like myself. In the Zumba world, she is #2, second only to Beto Perez himself. Anyway, it was a lot of work to pull it off but it went swimmingly. We originally hoped at least 75 people would attend but we ended up having over 150 peop
I am also in the middle of renegotiating my salary at one of the local gyms where I work. It has been time consuming and stressful and I'm still waiting to see what's going to happen. It's hard because I'm already the highest paid instructor around these parts but other places are offering more than this place so I have to at least try. If it doesn't work out, it's OK because I know I'm standing up for myself and doing the right thing...even if they tell me to take a hike! Maybe that's the nudge I need anyway to find a bigger dance studio to rent. In the meantime, though, I don't think I slept a wink last night. I tossed and turned all night seeing images of my boss and the gym owner in my mind and with phrases going through my head like, "I'm worth it!" and "My proposal is more than fair!" Tonight I may just take a Tylenol pm.
Some other non-interesting things around here: the bus line that Dave takes to work everyday went on strike for a week and a half. When the strike began, we were completely clueless so poor Dave and a whole bunch of other commuters were standing out at the bus stop one morning wondering where the heck all the buses were! The whole thing was highly annoying and inconvenient because then he had to take the train which is slower, much less convenient, and more expensive overall. That darn strike wreaked havoc on our lives for a week and a half!
Another thing I forgot to mention before is that while Dave was gone in Switzerland, he lost a drawer. What?! I can almost hear you guys being confused. What I mean is that while he was gone for a month, I noticed one of his drawers had like 2 socks left in it. I cleared it out for Steph to use while she was here for a week and then after she left I decided maybe I'd like to have that drawer for myself! It is, after all, the biggest drawer in the whole dresser. Strangely, when Dave got home and I informed him of this, he didn't seem to mind much so I just kept using it as my own. I don't know where he put his other stuff...maybe that's why there's a pile of socks on the chair nearby, but I'm just gonna keep hogging it for as long as I can. Every once in awhile when I open it and peer in, I fear that my stuff will be gone and his socks will have reappeared. But so far, so good!
One more uninteresting thing. It has been HOT here. Yesterday was 100* and today is almost as hot. That is super hot for us at this time of year. The kids still have 2 weeks of school! They were released early both today and yesterday because of the heat. Why? Because many of the classrooms don't have A/C so it is state law that once the temperature hits 90*, they have to be released! I remember one day last year (on a day that was not nearly as hot as today) I visited Caleb's classroom to read a book to his class. All I did was sit and read a book and I was sweating buckets. It was SO hot in his classroom. They had fans going everywhere but all they did was blow the kids' papers all around! I don't know how they got any learning done in there because it was miserable. His already cranky teacher was even crankier and I found myself quite cranky after one book! The heat is supposed to break tonight with severe thunderstorms so hopefully we'll be back on schedule tomorrow, high of 85*!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you finally posted! It's so exciting to see your Zumba dreams coming true. That's great about your classes.
I read about your heat wave. Ugh. Not nice. We are going to try to get to the beach this week on our 89* day!
Cindi
You are the Zumba Queen!!! You leave Tanya in your dust!! And how about that outfit?!! Boom chicka wah wah!
I don't want to hear ANY complaining about the heat!!! Reason #4870 to move to our neck of the woods!!
Hey
I think you do have a six pack no matter what you say. Anyway you look good. My friends are trying to talk me into a Zumba class. One is like a pit bull so maybe I will end up going.
You funny girl. I love the fact that you stole the drawer. I need to do that to Craig. Except I fear my room will be an even bigger mess than it already is. Eeek!
Also - Your tummy is looking pretty hot there Shels. You still pumping up those boob muscles you showed me a few years back? hehehehe
Post a Comment