
On Memorial Day, Peter was invited to ride on a float with other Kindergartners in the town parade. It was actually a cute little parade. It felt very "small town" which is a funny feeling to me since we're
right nextdoor to New York City. Anyway, the float's theme was "The Future of Waldwick" and was loaded with Kindergartners and their moms. I felt a little silly sitting there under the "Future of Waldwick" banner but I wanted to make sure my kid didn't fall off and get run over by the float or a wild elephant or anything. There were a few times we'd pass a group of people and someone would exclaim, "Hey, there's Shelley our Zumba instructor! Hey, Shelley! Go Zumba, woohoo!" And I would sheepishly wave back to my admiring fans. Maybe next year I'll have my own Zumba float. LOL!
p.s. Peter is in the green shirt and the kid next to him is his best friend. They are practically inseparable...he's the one that bought the blue origami shark!
2 comments:
Oh man!! You should totally do it!!!!
That would be awesome!! It could be titled "Zumba Queen" and you could shape it into a boat (like the African Queen)!
Wow!!
Now you are a posting fool. I think you should do Zumba as you walk down the street. That would be awesome. Awesome is my new word.
Post a Comment