I had lunch with a friend, and fellow Zumba instructor last week and she and I decided we would should have a girls trip to Broadway one of these days to see a show together. We also talked about how I really like ABBA...she has seen the musical Mamma Mia, based on the songs of ABBA and LOVED it so we decided we would see that together some time. Long story short, we're going THIS Sunday to the matinee performance. That's the nice thing about having husbands who work in the City. They can just swing by the box office and get good deals on good seats and save $$ over buying on-line tickets. Anyhoo, so I am very excited about that. I really don't know anything about this show but I figure how can you NOT have fun at a show where people look like this.In addition to the show, we decided to go into the City early to attend a Zumba class given by another fellow instructor and friend, Ben Byrd. It will be at the world famous Alvin Ailey Dance Theater. So now I'll be able to say I "shaked my groove thang' at the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater. Who knows, maybe they'll ask me to join their dance company and tour the world to share my expertise and unbridled talent. ;o) Hey, I'm sure that could happen...
p.s. Even though we "saved" money on our tickets, I'm still counting on certain people to send me birthday money to help cover the costs...hint, hint. You know who you are.
3 comments:
Hey
I love a good musical so you should have loads of fun. Have some extra for me would you? Not in the zumba class that is no fun for me. Just because I would make a fool of myself.
jess
I haven't read your blog for awhile, but I had time tonight to catch up a little bit. It sounds like you're having so much fun. I'm jealous of all your New York adventures!
Janine Thompson and I saw "Mamma Mia" when it came to Tulsa, and we loved it!
Have fun!
Andrea
How was it? I also really enjoy ABBA and thought about seeing this musical.
Post a Comment