Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lunch

Because my life is deliriously exciting, I thought you might all like to see what I eat for lunch everyday. Seems I get in a routine of eating one certain thing for lunch and I stick to it for a few years. Then I find something else I like and eat that for a few years. Before I had kids but after college, I remember eating peanut buttter and jelly (had to be peach or apricot jam) everyday for lunch. When I was pregnant with Sam, it was McDonald's cheeseburger and fries. Pregnant with Caleb: ramen noodle soup. Right now (NO, I'm not pregnant), it's a turkey sandwich with mustard and cheese. Sometimes it's provolone, sometimes swiss, this week it's muenster cheese. BUT, it has to be toasted. I put it in my little toaster oven and warm it all up and wait for the cheese to get gooey and bubbly. Ahhhhh, it doesn't get much better than that.
The funny thing about my lunch is that I have to have Lay's potato chips with it, too. I can get by on an off-brand, but it has to be plain potato chips, NO ruffles or ridges! I tend to think that the PORTION of my chips could probably be smaller, but in reality this is what it looks like. I pretty much cover any available space on the plate that is not already taken up by the sandwich.

When you work out 2-3 hours a day, I guess you can do that?!

5 comments:

mkm said...

I do the same thing. My senior year of high school I ate a bagel and cream cheese every day for lunch. This last semester I had yogurt (either cherry or apple-pie flavored) and pretzels every single day. The problem is I eat these things so much for lunch that I end up hating them for awhile after. I never ever crave a bagel anymore and it's only just lately I've even been able to eat one without gagging.

Heidi said...

Oh, yeah, that looks yummy!

Steph said...

I do this too! Kindred spirits. Lay off the chips, Lady.

Melissa Bean Sterzick said...

No lunch pattern here, just whatever I can scrounge up. But when I was in college, after I lived with you, I guess, I used to eat tons and tons of spaghetti covered with Ragu Original. Every time I'd make a little more because I loved it so much and never seemed to get full. I still love it, but I rarely eat it because I don't give my kids spaghetti (too messy, they get rotini instead) and my husband hates jarred spaghetti sauce. I also remember eating Kix out of a huge mixing bowl, several boxes of Kix, and nothing else, during finals one year at BYU. I don't have ANY good good stories about food and pregnancy. Too bad for me.

Kris said...

I really should put my lunch on a plate and feel like it is a real meal. I tend to eat a spoonful of peanut butter, eat a banana, eat a handful of pretzels, eat some dried apricots, eat a spoonful of cottage cheese, eat a square of Dove chocolate (dark), wash it down with a spoonful of Nutella or strawberry jam and maybe a few almonds. I wish I was kidding.