Monday, April 7, 2008

Middle child

This morning as I was thinking in the shower (I get a lot of good thinking done in the shower) I realized that Jane, the girl who cut herself some new bangs at our house, is a middle child. And then I realized, HEY, MY middle child gave himself a haircut once, too! And he was about the same age as Jane is now. Here's some pictures of his escapade:

There was nothing left to do but practically shave him bald. He did NOT like that so that cured him of his scissor shennanigans...until we lived in Oklahoma and he once cut off all his eyelashes. That actually stressed me out more than his haircut because he has the most beautiful long, thick eyelashes. AND not to mention what was he doing with scissors right up next to his eyeballs?! Isn't anyone keeping an eye on these kids? At least the middle ones?!

4 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

That is the beauty of four no middle.

amberd. said...

haha....oh man.Too funny Shel. I'm a middle child. I don't remember pulling any wild shennanegins... I cried alot, and thought a lot of things in life were unfair! I still do! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Shelley! You crack me up! I've stayed up way past my bedtime just laughing at your posts! Nice job and what an awesome journal. You've even got me wanting to start...sometime...maybe...lol

Anyway, we're back in Oklahoma, in our same house, long story. I really miss you guys, but it sounds like life is exciting. Take care and you can email anytime at lauraneal72@gmail.com.

Laura Neal

Cindi M said...

My kids still talk about how Caleb cut his eyelashes.

My middle child gets lost in the shuffle a lot, I mean a lot! I feel bad for him.